Monday, December 31, 2012

Month 4 Day 31

Notebook Entry
No reports to the Afghan national army, tried to find Samir, couldn’t, hospital afternoon.

Journal Entry
At the weekly staff meeting on Thursday morning Samir didn’t report the weather despite me giving him all of the material, helping him make the slide, etc. He was too lazy to put it on a thumb drive and take it to the battle captain. I did get my first Afghan put on a watch list, that is nice.

[redaction for identification] the day was basically a wash. I tried to find Samir in the morning but I could not. In the afternoon the guys wanted to play football. I had no intention of getting hurt, so I went to the hospital and made balloons and colored for the kids. Most of the kids were burn victims, the poor things. Some of these burns, unfortunately, were intentional. Fuck this culture, there is a reason they are still in the stone age.

No comments:

Post a Comment