Sunday, January 20, 2013

Month 5 Day 20

Notebook Entry
Combined Staff Meeting, Samir came and left Combat Operations Center Without reports.

Journal entry
Samir tried to weasel his way out of the training in the morning, saying that he had a lot to do. The XO [Executive Officer] told him to go, but then the training was cancelled because they had their weekly staff meeting and it got too late. I think it was the first time the that RCT [Regimental Combat Team] understood that you can’t order the ANA [Afghan National Army] around. In the afternoon I tried to get Samir to work I just asked him to come to the CoC to get the reports that he needed, he came for about a minute, and then left. I don’t know what to do the with guy. The XO said that we should have a weekly schedule and that at least 1 hour should be set aside for the mentors each day. Oh hell yes, I am going to jump all over that. I am also going to start giving him the weekly progress reports since neither of the Majors are doing that.

I worked for the better part of the afternoon on my application for the Regional Affairs Officer designator. It is a bit time consuming, but I only have a couple of hours left to go, and it should be solid. That should put me in good stead if we ever want to do an attaché billet anywhere. At the very least it will be a resume bullet on a civilian job application.


No comments:

Post a Comment