Monday, July 15, 2013

Month 11 Day 15

Notebook entry
Communications down, generals force materials.


Journal entry
I woke up at 0400 this morning with a pain in my gut that wouldn't go
away the entire day.

I tried to do my normal Friday routine but because of the new key
policy (each tent basically gets a truck and Chris had already taken
ours) I walked to and from the shower.  The new policy was induced
because one set of keys were missing for about a half a day, so in
true good knee jerk reaction Capt Nowak and Maj Davidson came up with a
policy that upended everything that we have been doing for the last
ten months and made already scarce trucks more scarce.

I talked to Suzan in the morning on the Skype/satphone simultaneously.
 This allows the connection to stay up basically no matter what.  She
is so pretty, I miss her so much.

I was going to do some work, but they decided to move the aircraft
arrival departure air control group which supplied us our fiber-optic
internet line for our government computers. They basically forgot
about us in the transition and so we didn't have internet the entire
day.

I taught a 30 minute class to the Jr. Marines on Bonds today.

I tried to go over to the RCT to do some work, but that was fruitless.
 I literally spent half and hour trying to log onto the SIPR and NIPR
and neither was working.

I came back, a failure.

I laid down after I got back because this stomach bug is really
putting me out of commission.  I slept for about an hour and a half.

The meeting was rolled back so that they could work on the internet.
Why we are having a meeting on Friday when no one spoke to their
Afghans and when no one was able to contact the outside world.   I
don't know, but these meetings are a fixture around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment