Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Month 12 Day 14

Notebook entry
13 reports given, Qais not at class, corruption Garrison support unit, Munir and Garrison support unit 1400 no-show, DRMO plotter.

Journal entry

Normal morning routine.

I met up with Munir briefly in the morning.  An inspector from the
Corps Topographic section was there.  He is part of the overall Corps
inspection team.  I said 'welcome, did you get our map requests, and
what's up with this form that no one can show me that we are supposed
to fill out to get maps, since you are here, do you have a copy?'
Well he didn't like it, he is down from corps and things he's big
shit, I don't fucking care any more.  I just want to get stuff done. I
scheduled a class time with them, and went to talk to the GSU CI.
Munir said that he couldn't compell the CI guy to come to class even
though his unit is subordinate to the brigade, and that he couldn't go
remind him every day "oh, you mean like I do for you on a daily
basis."  I went to talk to the GSU CI Mohammad Aqa,  I told him about
the class he said
"I am very busy"
"with what"
"I'm making this roster of all of the contractors on base"
"How is that part of counterintel?  Do you have a database you are
going to check them against?  This is Afghanistan, such a database
doesn't exist"
"Well, the commander told me to"
"Why do you think he did that"
"I don't know"
"Think real hard"
"I don't know"
"Lets step outside"
We moved about ten feet outside of his office and looked at the
unmortared cinder-block wall between the General's office building and
the GSU commander's office building.
"Where, did this come from? Do you have a block machine on the camp?"
"No"
"So where did it come from?"
"The contractors."
"Yah, the contractors that are trying to build your camp.  You are
stealing from them and putting together half-baked walls over here so
that the General can have a private shitter and shower. This is
bullshit, the contractors factor this stealing into their budgets, and
they end up charging the US more.  You are stealing from my country."
"Oh..."
"So what does that mean about your list?"
"Maybe I shouldn't make it."
"Congratulations, you can be an intelligence officer."

At 1400 they were supposed to show up for class, but they did not.  I,
for one, am shocked. Both Munir and Aqa didn't even let me know.

Instead of class fought the battle of the inbox.  I found out that the
plotter they are using at the Corps level is one of the ones that I
was so glibly rejected on by the MEF G4 almost a year ago.

this was his original E-mail:
-----Original Message-----
From: Knapp LtCol Karl (IMEFFWD G-4)
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 17:49
To: Nguyen Maj Thai N
Subject: Giving gear to ANSF

Absolutely not! No printers no computers no parts no end items no
uniforms etc. They have their own supply system they can use. We have
been over this a dozen time with units, the answer is always no! If
the kits are excess they better WIR them so another Marine unit can
use Marine funded gear. You need to get this word out to the 'new'
guys. We have already lived this pain last rotation.
S/F
K

LtCol Karl Knapp
I MEF (FWD)/RC-SW C-4
Supply Officer
DSN: 
318.357.6413
NIPR: 
karl.knapp@afg.usmc.mil
SIPR: 
karl.knapp@afg.usmc.smil.mil

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."  - R. J. Wiedemann LtCol. USMC
Ret

Funny what a difference a new command element makes.  I guess the
answer is to just ask when the next guys arrive.

The XO is also putting up a HESCO fence around his container, keeping
up with the General/Jonses.

I was so excited about planning my raid to take the community gym
equipment that MWSS has claimed as their own that I had trouble going
to sleep.  This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment