Monday, May 20, 2013

Month 9 Day 20

Notebook Entry
None

Journal Entry
Today I slept in until about 0800 after having a 0400 watch, that was nice.
I worked on my book proposal for a while in the morning, and then went to camp shorabak with the Major the Gunny and Dinar. I wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone on the phone, so it was a pretty useless trip, but I did get to fight the battle of the inbox for a few hours.  I beat back the nipr, sipr and centrix inboxes.
The major went to have a meeting with MGen Malouk in the afternoon and got him to agree that they would drop the heavy equipment here at Shorabak the 5th kandak would take it down to the AO.  That is after they get the chow money.
We had to wait outside of the meeting, Gunny complained for most of the time thata Cougar MRAP mechanics got paid 200k for OJT, this despite looking forward to well above six figures tax free for his future contracting gig. This is the fleecing of America.

We returned to the hooch and I wrote this. A pretty useless day.




No comments:

Post a Comment